Chicken and Chickpea Chili?
Yeah. This is about to happen up in this joint.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 each red, green and yellow bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped (for garnish)
- 3/4 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 (14 1/ 2-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1. Heat the oil in a large nonstick Dutch oven or saucepan. Saute the bell peppers and onion until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken; cook, breaking apart with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the flour, chili powder, cumin, cocoa powder, and cayenne; cook, stirring briskly and constantly, 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes and vinegar; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until thick, 30-40 minutes.
- Stir in the chickpeas; simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.